Here are some grandiose and mostly evil plans stolen from Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E. Howard, and loads of other pulp writers and comic book scribes. I haven’t sorted out this list to match plots with specific Dinosaur Island sorcerors – I figure I’ll either roll when the time comes, or pick whichever scheme would (a) make the most sense for that particular sorceror, and (b) give the party the most interesting challenge.
With minor tweaks, all of these would work for magic-wielding megalomaniacs in any setting. Have fun!
- Build a giant flesh golem/colossus from the bodies of hundreds or thousands of captives.
- Summon natural disaster to wipe enemies off the map. Could be related to one of the four elements: earth – earthquake, air – cyclone, water – tsunami, fire – volcano.
- Raise a sunken continent. Rumor has it that the dinosaur islands are merely the peaks of mountains from the mostly-submerged Serpentine Continent, which sank in a mysterious catastrophe many millennia ago.
- Gather thousands of prisoners to be killed in a titanic necromantic ritual, to open a gateway through space or time. Escape into the past or future, bring forth extradimensional allies, etc.
- Wake a titanic sleeping monster, unleash it on enemies and use it as a weapon of conquest. The 5e Tarrasque would be a solid choice, especially for someone with access to mind-control gems.
- Create an army of the undead. Maybe need to engineer a big battle first, to supply enough stiffs. Would be awesome if a necromancer deliberately lost a battle just so she’d have a bunch of dead to reanimate – a nasty surprise for the PCs if they were on the side of the first-round victors.
- Transfer own mind from ancient rotting carcass to a healthy youth, one of the PCs or a close and valued ally (or a prince or princess, parents hired PCs to get them back).
- Put powdered mind-control gems into the local water supply, gain control of an entire region. Subjugated locals are fanatically loyal.
- Gather enough mind-control gems to fashion a giant helmet capable of broadcasting the user’s will over an entire realm, continent, or planet, like a mind-control version of Cerebro.
- Raise a fleet to invade the mainland. Invasion arks with their hulls packed full of war dinosaurs! This would be just lovely to put into play after the party goes back to the mainland. Oh, guys? Remember the dinosaur-riding sorcerors? They’re baaaaack.